Sunday 13 January 2008

Baconated Grapefruit? I Love the Future!

while digesting baconated chicken...

One Healthy Thing, One "Healthy" Thing


Did 2 miles in the morning whilst it was VERY windy. I felt like I was barely moving into the wind, but out of control with the tail wind. That was healthy.

Danny's mom makes what I like to call baconated chicken. We fried up 2 pounds of bacon, then using the grease we fried 16 thighs and drumsticks. We ate all but one... just because Alison wanted it for lunch tomorrow. Oh, and this includes our hors d'vours. Bacon wrapped pineapple. We still have a ton of bacon leftover, even though we ate about a pound between the three of us.

Forgot to mention, for a post dinner snack before the christmas pudding is ready, we dipped some leftover bread into the bacon grease to scoop up the tasty morsels of chicken crunchies.

Screw 10 miles this week, I'll consider it a success if I walk to work tomorrow without keeling over with a cardiac arrest.


The Stats

Starting Weight: 16 stone, 10lb. (234lb, 106.1kg)
Weight Last week: n/a *
Current Weight: 16 stone, 13lb. (237lb, 107.5kg)
Δ Weight: +0 stone, 3lb. (+3lb, +1.4kg)

* - a note on weights. I'm considering Sunday weigh in's the official weigh in. Since I didn't weigh myself last Sunday, it's still n/a. Also, I'm not worried that I"m actually gaining weight at this point. First of all, it's only week 1, and 2nd, I can see some of the weight coming off my face. I must be building some muscle, hence the minor weight gain.

Mile goal this week: 10
Miles today: 2
Miles this week: 2
Miles last week: 8
Total Mileage: 12

Weather:10˚C (50˚F), 21mph S, 87%R.H., Wind chill n/a

Aches and Pains
: Left calf hurts a bit. Not sure what to make of it. It feels like there is a knot in the muscle. Tomorrow is a rest day, so we'll see how that goes. As for my right foot, I tied my shoe very loosely and it felt good. It came untied though at one point, so I tightened it down and it hurt a bit again. I'll play with that a bit.

Random Thoughts: My christmas tree is really sad. All the needles fell off and it's not getting collected until Tuesday.

-rusty

No comments: