Tuesday 8 January 2008

Don't Start a Fitness Regime on Dec. 16th!

While still giddy after having watched the Rangers win game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals...

So What Happened?

Right, so I began running on a Sunday, and I planned to update after everyday that I ran. And I kept to my promise; I haven't run since that day! Monday the 17th was a rest day, then, well, Christmas happened. Lots of food, lots of drinking, long nights, a very ill wife (not from the drinking and long nights) and it all led to me deciding to restart after the holidays. So here we are!

Today's Run

Back to square one, eh? Two miles. Last time kinda sucked, but I felt pretty good today, actually. I also tried a different route that I think will work well for short runs.

Walking to and fro work, I go a bit out of my way to walk through an elevated tram station. It's a nice view around and there are rarely more than 20 people about. And it has the added benefit over the canal path, of having no broken glass and not smelling like urine! Anyhow, on the way home today, I thought to myself, "hey I could probably use this area like a track, I wonder how big the circumference of this area is?" So I whipped out google maps and violá, between the staircases is almost exactly 1/4 of a mile. Obviously that makes a roundtrip 1/2 mile. Like I said, good for shorter runs, like I'll be doing for the time being. I also measured out a few other paths so I can vary things up and it's not just the same laps over and over again.



The Stats

Starting Weight: 16 stone, 10lb. (234lb, 106kg)
Weight Last week: n/a
Current Weight: 16 stone, 12lb. (236lb, 107kg)
Differential: +0 stone, 2lb. (2lb, 1kg)

Mile goal this week: 8 (I started on Tuesday, which is essentially day 2)
Miles today: 2
Miles this week: 2
Miles last week: n/a
Total Mileage: 4

Aches and Pains: Nothing! I feel pretty good. A lot better than I did last time I ran at least. It helps not having blisters. I did have a bit of a cramp in my left calf walking back home. I have to remember to drink more water during the course of the day.

Random Thoughts: I was running by the Beetham Tower
and the lights on the eastern side of the building were lit up in such a way it looked like one of those ads for Channel 4.

-rusty

No comments: