Tuesday 15 January 2008

Tuesday 5k

while waiting to see who those Michiganders voted for...

Rainy Tuesday


Three miles today. I was a little worried about how my left calf, more on that later. I felt really good! My legs feel a ton stronger, my lungs feel like they have a better capacity, and whether I was faster or not, I felt faster. I haven't been losing weight, but my legs are getting strong very fast.

The Stats

Starting Weight: 16 stone, 10lb. (234lb, 106.1kg)
Weight Last week: n/a *
Current Weight: 16 stone, 13lb. (237lb, 107.5kg)
Δ Weight: +0 stone, 3lb. (+3lb, +1.4kg)

* - a note on weights. I'm considering Sunday weigh in's the official weigh in. Since I didn't weigh myself last Sunday, it's still n/a. Also, I'm not worried that I"m actually gaining weight at this point. First of all, it's only week 1, and 2nd, I can see some of the weight coming off my face. I must be building some muscle, hence the minor weight gain.

Mile goal this week: 10
Miles today: 3
Miles this week: 5
Miles last week: 8
Total Mileage: 13

Weather:6˚C (43˚F), Light Rain (or drizzle, it was tough to tell), 4mph SSE, 93% R.H., Wind chill n/a

Aches and Pains
:I was a little worried about how my left calf would feel, but it was fine, until I cooled down that is. It's pretty tight right now. I'm wondering if substituting my Thursday run for 30 minutes on an exercise bike is ok. I'm guessing now that I'll be better off resting it an extra day, but I was able to run without an issue. Also, I loosened the laces on my right shoe and that eliminated that problem!

Random Thoughts: There were Greater Manchester Police and a bunch of Metrolink workers out tonight checking tickets and assessing fines to those without valid tickets. Way to go!
-rusty

No comments: